Monday, January 8, 2018

Monday 1/8/18

It's finally warming up! I'm glad to be back here today with all of you. 
We will start the day with a SOC and 10 blissful minutes of reading. I sure hope you are in an awesome book. I just finished A Storm too Soon and would recommend it if you like adventure and survival stories. I am about to begin Cold Sassy Tree by Olive Anne Burns. It is an old book that somehow I missed and after hearing about it again recently, I thought I better read it.

Next we will take a look at the formula for reading a poem-- and then together read "We Real Cool" by Gwendolyn Brooks. This is to model once again a great way to get the most out of a poem.

Next you will open your poetry journals and work through the box "And Still I Rise"

HW: Finish the journal if you didn't in class and read for 20 minutes keeping post its the whole time.