Wednesday, April 10, 2013

4/9

You will all be happy to know I did remember to call my dad for his b-day!  I did, however, forget to update this blog yesterday.  In class we read for 20 minutes and decided that it could be a post it free week for reading.  I discussed the blog assignment and explained it will not be due until Monday 4/22 and you will have time after the test to work on it during class.  I then went over the format of the NYS ELA exam that is to be administered on Tuesday 4/16, Wednesday 4/17 AND Thursday 4/18.  NEXT week.  The test promises to be more rigorous than in years past and I have been trying to allay fears of performing poorly.  The students simply need to do their best NYS's test obsession should not be allowed to raise anxiety in our children.  HW: Enjoy your book post-it free and RELAX.