Thursday, December 6, 2012

12/5

Today students wrote me a friendly letter telling about the book they are currently reading.  They addressed the ideas listed below within their letters. Letters needed to follow friendly letter format. Students also were instructed to check for grammar spelling and capitalization.

Ideas to cover in letter:
Title, author
Brief summary of book so far
What you are enjoying about the book
One idea you are growing as you read the book this could be about plot or about character.

I then returned a slew of reading logs and we began the process of organizing and using those to set some goals.

HW: Read, Log, Post it and print Power School Grade.  Bring this to class.

If you missed today be sure to:

  • Write the friendly letter and submit to me (graded)
  • See me for the reading logs and for direction to organize them--I will need to give you a hanging file folder
  • once you get  logs from me, you will need to create an entry in the all about me section of RN where you notice your habits as far as RL assignments go.  YOu should note if you are turning them in late, finishing all the minutes of reading, underlining and capitalizing titles and including authors, filling in genre and dates etc... You should set goals regarding these basics in this entry dated 12/5