Tuesday, December 4, 2012

12/4

Today you turned in all drafts and work done toward your final paper.  The stapling order is on the previous post. Writer's notebooks were used as place to reflect on what you learned about yourselves and about the processor writing an essay over this last few weeks.  We did this by dating a new entry and reflecting in writing being sure to respond to the following ideas:
What I learned:

  • about writing an essay including the mechanics of it, the process  and the structure.
  • about myself as a writer including where I do my best work, what my strengths are, what my weaknesses are and what I need to be sure not to forget to do next time.
We then spent time adding self editing notes to the back of our notebooks so we can begin to hold ourselves accountable for writing with better mechanics.

HW: Read/log/post it.  Be sure to have reading log and reader's notebooks with you in class tomorrow.

Responsibilities for those absent today:
  1. Show me your reader's notebook so I can check long writes
  2. Assemble all work including final draft and turn that in to me
  3. open your writer's notebook and complete the entry described above
  4. review your drafts and note editing and usage issues you have noticed through the drafting process use the last section of your writer's notebook to record this.