Friday, September 28, 2012

9/28

Today in class we read for 10 minutes then we reflected on what we read in a 3 minute quick write in our reflections on reading portion of our reader's notebooks.
Then we looked at our old reading logs and determined about how many pages per minute we averaged and looked at all the data on the logs to learn about ourselves as readers.  We wrote what we know about ourselves as readers in the "ALl About ME" section of our notebooks and then set some goals for the next four weeks.  these goals ranged from "I have to be more organized and read more to I want to increase the amount of time I read in a sitting to I will read more efficiently at home by putting my cellphone away.....

HW: read and log Reading logs collected MOnday--150 minutes is the minimum amount of time that can be logged to get full credit. Also I will check your "TO READ" section to be sure it is complete with a minimum of 5 titles.  Reminder you must have the full title and the author of the text in order for it to count.